[plug] moving around a windows partition from command line?

Ari Finander spodosaurus at start.com.au
Fri Feb 23 03:37:00 WST 2001

Hello,

Last question for tonight :-)  Keep in mind I'm a complete newbie
learning from a textbook right now.  I've been able to edit my
/etc/fstab file to allow all users to mount and unmount the hda1
(windows98SE) partition. It works fine when using Gnome File Manager
in Red Hat 7.0, but when I try to navigate that partition with the
command line I get an unresponsive '>' whenever I cd into that mounted
partition (I have to close the terminal window, as nothing gets me out
of it or gets me anything but the damned '>' symbol). How does one go
about using the terminal window to move about a mounted windows
partition?

 TIA,

 Ari