[plug] install problems with StarOffice 5.2

Ari Finander spodosaurus at start.com.au
Fri Feb 23 03:44:00 WST 2001

Hello yet again :-)

I installed Jdk1.3, the documents (not really an install, just
unpacking), rebooted, and then tried to install Star Office for the
second time (it failed the first time in exactly the same way it
failed this time).  I was logged in as root and tried to install it to
/usr/bin/office52 after changing the permissions of the binary file at
the command prompt with chmod 777 so-5_2-somthingorother.bin (also
made the binary file executable and changed the group and owner to
root, prior to this chmod command, from Gnome File Manager).  The
install starts fine, I'm able to browse to the jdk1.3 fine and star
office picks up on it, and then at about 26% through it starts
throwing this error:

An error occurred while unpacking the file libsmart_uno.so.  There is
probably not enough disk space.

Clicking the retry button brings this error up again and again.
Clicking the ignore button brings this error up for additional files.
Clicking cancel aborts the install, and I chose to remove the office52
directory completely (as I did during the first failed install).  Any
ideas why this is happening?  Perhaps the download is corrupt, and I
should download it again?

Ari