[plug] Ghost and ext2 weirdness...

Michael Hunt michael.j.hunt at usa.net
Mon Feb 26 19:51:03 WST 2001

Trevor Phillips wrote

> Bugger. I sent this yesterday from home, where my PLUG alias was wrong.
^_^;;

Don't worry. This type of stuf even happens to Leon ocasionally *grin*

> I'm trying to use Ghost to set up a lab of machines with Linux partitions.

And why are you using "Proprietry Tools" when you can do the same thing with
open source ones and not have to pay some company huge licencing fees

> Followup:
> It turns out Ghost 6.something was stuffing up the image creation.
Creating the
> image with Ghost 5 and restoring with Ghost 6 was fine. I'd still be
interested
> if anyone knows any more about this.

Sorry can't really help. Don't have the source !!!

(Sorry Trevor not trying to be unhelpful, just trying to make a point about
other alternatives. For example see
http://www.signalground.com/article/3149311157 for an intersting story on
someone who chose to write a simple script with dd and is now saving his
employeer tons of cash in licencing fees).

Is there anything particularly new, can't live without in Ghost 6 ?

Michael Hunt
West Africa