[plug] Does fstab need a last carriage return?

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Tue Feb 27 10:20:33 WST 2001

On Tue, 27 Feb 2001, Ari Finander wrote:

> The question's in the subject line:  Does fstab need a last carriage
> return?

What a bizzare question. Why do you ask Ari? Easy to test.
If the last line contains an important record, but no termination, then
you risk some program failing to read that line. Same with any config
file. It depends on the code which reads the records.

And BTW, in Unix, lines are terminated by a linefeed, not CR.

--
Mike Holland  <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>
                          --==--