[plug] Advice on Shells

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Wed Feb 28 12:00:54 WST 2001

On Wed, 28 Feb 2001, Brad Campbell wrote:

> SO, the question is, is there a shell that provides..
> --Commandline completion
> --Command history
> --bash compatible scripting

So are there any features its OK to leave out? :)
I think you are wanting to eat your cake and so forth.

Have you checked out the myriad of existing 1-2 floppy distros?
I wouldnt be hopeful though.

> with vfat, and basic rescue tools, with basic networking onto a 1.44

You know you can get more on a floppy?   See /dev/fd0u1722 ,
ie 1.72 MB.  I think that format is reasonably reliable.

And they _say_ there are only 80 cylinders, but its usually more :-)

> Yeah yeah, I know.. LRP, but it's more educational doing it yourself, and
> besides.. I'm having fun..

Masochist :)

--
Mike Holland  <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>