[plug] cron jobs

James Bromberger james at rcpt.to
Mon Jan 1 01:20:59 WST 2001

On Mon, Jan 01, 2001 at 12:40:00AM +0800, Jason :) wrote:
> Simple question (I hope...)
>
> How would i go about setting up cron to run a set of commands every hour
> (eg. in a /etc/cron.hourly directory)? I assume I need to put something in
> crontab, but I have no idea what.
>
> I'm using Debian 2.2 and whatever cron comes standard with that.

As the user you want it to run as (yourself, root?), do a:
	crontab -e

And add the fields:
0 * * * * /usr/local/bin/mycommand arg1 arg2 ... argN

See `man 5 crontab`. Fields are min, hr, day of month, month, day of week, command, argument(s).

--
 James Bromberger <james_AT_rcpt.to> www.rcpt.to/~james
   IT, Pelican Manufacturing - www.pelicanmanufacturing.com.au

 Remainder moved to http://www.rcpt.to/~james/james/sig.html