[plug] Adaptec AVA 1502 and RH6.0

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Wed Jan 3 09:24:10 WST 2001

On Wed, 3 Jan 2001, James Tan wrote:

> have a 486DX/66Mhz/32megs/500megIDE/500megSCSI that I had running win95

The 486/32MB will be OK if you avoid big things like netscape and office
apps. But I suggest ditching those tiny HDDs to save a lot of frustrated
installs. Minimal hardware isnt good for newbies.

> up] but the only problem was there did not seem to be a SCSI adapter driver
> for it. I tried the other AHA drivers with autoprobe but those didn't work.
> Can anyone please help ?

The thing to know about here is search engines. You will soon find an
answer, most likely from mailing list archives. You are far from the first
toi ask this. e.g. try:

 http://www.google.com/search?q=+Adaptec+AVA+1502

You will need to tell the driver which port and IRQ as autoprobe wont work
on that card. I have in /etc/conf.modules :

       options aha152x aha152x=0x140,11

BTW, its better to look at the chip name (which is ...?), rather than the
card name.

--
Mike Holland  <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>
                          --==--