[plug] wvdial problems

James Tan shishio at dingoblue.net.au
Fri Jan 5 18:59:24 WST 2001

> James Tan wrote:
>
> >  annex:
> > --> Hmm... a prompt.  Sending "ppp".
>
> In fact, a prompt for Microsoft's brainless pppmenu script.
>
> > ~[7f]}#@!}!S} }?}"}&} }*} } }%}&|6N~}'}"}(}"}1}$}%t}3}'}!chap[10]4~
> > --> PPP negotiation detected.
> > --> Starting pppd at Wed Jan  3 11:35:17 2001
>
> So far, so good. What does e/tc/resolv.conf have in it while you're
> dialled? Can you ping by numbers, e.g. 130.139.89.1 (Telstra's main node
> in Perth)? If not, what does traceroute -n to that number show?

ummm.... i tried pinging external sites but ping doesn't even reply.... now
i'm back on the windows comp or else i won't be able to type this.... i have
no idea what resolv.conf has it in.... should i check it now ?  when i had a
look at the LEDs on the modem it did not seem to blink at all when I tried
to do pings and ran net apps....

Thanks
James