[plug] wvdial problems

James Tan shishio at dingoblue.net.au
Sat Jan 6 09:05:42 WST 2001

Ummm....it's RH6.0
Some other issues that might help: I had a look at the linuxconf utility and
under host configuration it had only one adaptor [my ethernet card eth0]
enabled.  Adaptor 2 is empty....I'm assuming that this is unlike windows
which requires a dialup adapter for ppp-dialup networking...well, i just
left it as it is...and please correct me if i'm wrong on this one.
I went to the next option in linuxconf and it had checked the option "DNS is
required for normal operation" however it was pointing to a non-existent IP
[192.168.0.254] on my LAN.  Perhaps this could be the culprit and so I
turned it off and remove the DNS entry altogether.
Next, the "Default Gateway" entry was pointing to 192.168.0.1 which is a
windows pc on my LAN that is not connected to the modem [the only way I get
online]. Also "Enable routing" has been unchecked.
Under Routed daemon configuration it has "Silent" checked and "Export your
default route" unchecked.
Under Host name search path "Multiple IPs for one host" has been checked
with "hosts,dns" being the option selected.

I hope this info helps.

Thanks
James

> Hey,
>
> I don't think any of this should matter as Dingoblue assign you the DNS
servers on connect. Sounds like it could be something else. What distro and
version was it again?