[plug] newbie list

James Tan shishio at dingoblue.net.au
Mon Jan 8 14:42:41 WST 2001

chris at linuxwa.com.au
> (the owner) has donated the use of linuxwa.com.au to it.
> The idea is basically plug-newbie at linuxwa.com.au or
> plug-howto at linuxwa.com.au.
> All "stupid" questions could be redirected to this list where people won't
> have to be afraid to actually ask a question and won't have to apologise
if
> it is too easy. I gather the original idea was to encourage people to get
> into linux i think that ideal has been lost along the way, now the list is
> only for professionals or for people with very strong opinions.
>
> Comments please.
>
> The cooperation of the main plug list would be very beneficial.
>
> Scott

Yeah that would be nice. As a newbie, I welcome it myself. I know ppl[myself
included] who are interested in getting into linux but hate to read long
boring documents to find an answer to their questions. I have to say windows
have made me very lazy and making a switch to linux really required some
effort on my behalf. Having said that, I've found this mailing list to be
very helpful and the ppl who contributed have been kind and unintimidating.
I've received answers to 'dumb' questions too and I think I would have long
given up if it weren't for the help of plug. Thanks again... I have finally
replaced win95 with RH6.0 and i have to say I'm very happy with it.  Another
step towards freedom from microsoft....

Thanks
James