[plug] newbie list, show of hands

Garry bigbadbill at dingoblue.net.au
Tue Jan 9 12:27:04 WST 2001

Personally, I think that the list has power in two areas..

1. People are willing to help those who help themselves. i.e. read the
documentation first, and then if that isn't making sense, ask.

We all come from different ethnic, educational and experience backgrounds, so
a FAQ or HOWTO written in another language and then translated really might
be tricky to comprehend. When this is the case, ASK.

2. The best way to learn is to teach. If you see someone with a problem you
have just conquered, answer the question. Or if you have a basic
understanding, have a look at the documentation to extend your knowledge to
better answer the question..

Regards,

Garry.