[plug] newbie list, show of hands

Scott scott at bizzpro.com.au
Tue Jan 9 13:38:19 WST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "The Thought Assassin" <assassin at live.wasp.net.au>
To: <plug at plug.linux.org.au>
Sent: Tuesday, January 09, 2001 12:20 PM
Subject: Re: [plug] newbie list, show of hands

> Sorry, my previous message on this issue probably came across more harshly
> than I intended. Neither I nor anyone else is going to stand in the way of
> someone creating a second list if they feel it will be worthwhile. I
> don't, however, think it is a good thing for PLUG or Linux in WA in
> general, and I don't think PLUG should endorse or associate itself to
> strongly with such an endeavour. If the people who don't find the current
> list satisfactory could give us a better idea of what they want from the
> list, I think we could all help to move it in a direction to greater
> benefit our constituency.
>
> -Greg Mildenhall

Jeez  people have been saying for a while they don't want to write to this
list because of people who will point out your spelling mistakes, or people
who usually only write when they have something bad to say, or because most
of what we write is crap, or a few other reasons. Everyone i meet (in RL)
who is on this list i ask them what they think of the people on the list,
they usually say people like Leon and Matt are really good and helpful, but
they usually don't bother reading anyone elses after the first few e-mails
they recieve. They also say that plug can be helpful but you have to read
through a lot of crap to get it.
Fine fix this list to make the newbies happy but you will probably make the
veterans unhappy. I personally would like a list totally dedicated to tech
support. I don't see this as taking something away this list but rather
enhancing the whole thing afterall 2 are better than one.

Scott
P.S. Nah it wasn't harsh.