[plug] Video cards - the sequel

Trevor Phillips phillips at central.murdoch.edu.au
Tue Jan 16 15:55:24 WST 2001

Brad Campbell wrote:

> Cool, I have just ordered a G450 DualHead.. can you point me at any howto's or
> docs detailing how to set it up and what it is capable of under X?
> Hmm that did not quite come out right, what I meant was any info on DualHead under
> X in general.. My search thus far has only turned up some OLD mailinglist articles
> from before X4 was officially released, and not much use..

It's quite easy, with X4. If you go to Matrox's official site, they have beta
drivers there, including docs on how to set it up, even with example X4 config
files. I'm using 4.0.2 now - I don't know if the included driver with it is the
latest, but I've had no problems so far.

I love the Matrox cards. Excellent 2D quality (and quality all round), and
features. They're just lagging the market now on 3D performance... *sigh*

: CWIS Technical Officer         -           T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :