[plug] what does 'parport0 detected irq7...' mean?

Paul Dean paul at canningcollege.wa.edu.au
Wed Jan 17 12:23:12 WST 2001

>I see this error in /var/logs/messages whenever we print...
>'parport0 detected irq7; use procfs to enable interrupt-driven operation'.

when does the system write this to /var/logs/messages?
when you click "print" in an app or run lpr from a console, of is it when
you load lpd?

is it printing ok or just sit in the queue? ("lpq" will tell you what is in
your queue)

it sounds more like a lpd load report message, not really important, just
more info for you.

Regards

Paul Dean
IT Support Officer