[plug] samba question

Jon Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Thu Jan 18 03:50:22 WST 2001

I seem to be missing nmb as a process that usually runs with samba and now I cannot access the samba server.
1st q - can you have more than one (1) samba server running
2nd q - if so can I have one as the master browser and the other, do I remark out the browser parts
3rd q - since both servers sit on the same wire (network) do they use different or the same smbpasswd file>
last but not least - are there any documents on running multiple samba server on the same LAN.

Thanks

Jon L. Miller, MCNE ASE
Director/Sr Systems Consultant
MMT Networks Pty Ltd