[plug] installing application webalizer

Jon Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Mon Jan 22 05:09:58 WST 2001

Pluggers,

Have you heard of the following:
As of version 1.6, you also need the zlib compression library, and the
   libpng library. As of version 1.6.2, you can draw text using
   antialiased TrueType fonts if you also have the libttf library
   installed, but this is not mandatory. zlib is available for a variety
   of platforms from the zlib web site. libpng is available for a variety
   of platforms from the PNG web site.

I looked on my server and found the following:
libjpeg-6b-10
zlib-1.1.3-5
libpng 1.0.3-4

The error I'm getting when trying to run make is:

[root at gateway gd-1.8.3]# make
gcc -I. -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/include/X11 -I/usr/X11R6/include/X11 -O   -c
 gd.c -o gd.o
gd.c:8: zlib.h: No such file or directory
make: *** [gd.o] Error 1

Any ideals, seems it cannot find zlib.h.  I issued the command locate zlib.h and got nothing. Instead I got the following:
[root at gateway gd-1.8.3]# locate zlib.h
/usr/include/bzlib.h

Yet I cannot find this header file anywhere ( looked at rpmfind.com).
I issued the following on my rh62 cd:
rpm -qlp * | grep -l zlib.h
How do I get grep to list the file it found the information, this was the output when I issued the above?
[root at gateway RPMS]# rpm -qlp * |grep -l zlib.h
(standard input)
Broken pipe

When I issued the same command without the -l, this is the output:
[root at gateway RPMS]# rpm -qlp * |grep zlib.h
/usr/X11R6/include/X11/extensions/lbxzlib.h
/usr/include/bzlib.h
/usr/src/linux-2.2.14/drivers/net/zlib.h
/home/httpd/html/manual/mod/mod_php3/ref.zlib.html
/usr/include/zlib.h

As you can see it doesn't contain the filename(s) that contains the zlib.h file.

Thanks

Jon L. Miller, MCNE ASE
Director/Sr Systems Consultant
MMT Networks Pty Ltd