[plug] installing application webalizer

Andrew Furey simpware at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 22 21:10:52 WST 2001

> How do I get grep to list the file it found the
> information, this was the output when I issued the
> above?
> [root at gateway RPMS]# rpm -qlp * |grep zlib.h

I have had this problem a few times too. A couple of
solutions that work for me (because I like doing
things the long(ish) way :) :

* Do "rpm -qlp * > /some/file/somewhere.txt . Then if
you need to find a file, just look in that with the
viewer/editor of your choice.

Or, if you can't spare the disk space (or like doing
things the long way):

* do "rpm -qlp * | grep -n whatever.file". This will
display the line number of the matches. Then you can
do "rpm -qlp * | head -afewextralinenumbers" to
display the output up to a few files after the match.

In both cases, then you can look at the names of the
surrounding files and hopefully work out what package
it belongs in.

I agree, getting RPM to display the package name would
be much neater. Anyone feel like patching it?

Andrew

=====
In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?