[plug] Twinview support in Linux

Dennis Plester dennisp at tiwest.com.au
Tue Jan 23 10:04:49 WST 2001

Pluggers,

Last week, there were a couple of posts regarding Twinview support in Linux.
At the time, there was no Twinview support, except under Windows with the
Geforce2 MX cards.

Yesterday, I happened to notice that the latest Linux drivers from Nvidia
now support Twinview under Linux. I've downloaded the drivers, but haven't
tried them yet, so I can't comment. Those of you who were keen to check this
out further might wish to have a look for yourselves at Nvidia's site,
www.nvidia.com <http://www.nvidia.com> , or the article at evil3d,
www.evil3d.net <http://www.evil3d.net> .

There does appear to be a slight 3D performance hit (depending on the
resolution) with the latest drivers, and as I'm not desperate for Twinview
right now, I'm going to wait. I'm sure this will be fixed.

Later

Dennis.