[plug] win4lin - debian and 2.4 kernel

navarre at plug.linux.org.au navarre at plug.linux.org.au
Wed Jan 24 19:28:17 WST 2001

G'day List

I am interested in using win4lin on a new system I am building and would
like to know a few points. I have looked at http://www.netraverse.com/
and it raises a few questions.

1) Debian is not listed as a supported distribution, has any one
installed win4lin on a debian installation?

2) On any distribution, has any one tried win4lin using the new 2.4
kernel?

3) I presume that the windows program and data space (disk space used) is
a directory in the ext2 file system and as such can be backed up using
tar and bzip. Once the windows registry gets corrupt or a program will
not uninstall the windows directory could be rm -r * and the backup
extracted into its space and operation continue as normal. I think this
was said at the demonstration night.

5) The screen output from the win4lin can be viewed on a different system
via a network. I think this was also said to be true, this is how I would
like to use it.

Navarre