[plug] ISPs Bizzpro

The Thought Assassin assassin at live.wasp.net.au
Sun Jan 28 00:00:44 WST 2001

On Sat, 27 Jan 2001, Christian wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 24, 2001 at 09:01:00PM +1600, Ari Finander wrote:
> > 1- What ISP makes you request a password through them?  I've never,
> > ever, had to let someone else know my login password when setting it.
> Any ISP that wants to make properly certain that their users won't
> choose bad passwords.
There is no real reason this policy can't be enforced by the passwd
program, is there?

> During my times as a client of several ISPs, I never liked this policy.
> During my times as an administrator at several ISPs, it is a policy I
> always tried to enforce.
I guess if your customers are happy with it, then I guess that's fine. It
isn't that much work to create a system that fulfils both needs, though.
Also, not knowing the customers' passwords can reduce liability.

-Greg Mildenhall