[plug] ISPs Bizzpro

Bill Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Sun Jan 28 07:33:19 WST 2001

Though it is sorta off topic, so many of the lists members use ISP's
that any problems people have with a particular vendor in Perth are
worth hearing of.  I regularly get asked "who's a good ISP, which do you
reccomend/use".  Whilst the language etc could have been a bit more
diplomatic, the problems stand, and in fact any comment I would make
about this ISP to someone would be based on the reply of their
representative - obviously an angry, defensive responce - no talk of
compensation for bad service, how do we fix the problem/do better next
time etc - not a good reccomendation which I have taken note of.  I know
that many members of the list work for ISP's, have run ISP's etc, and
can see both sides of the story, but its worth keeping in mind that the
bigger ISP's like iinet etc keep their customers despite being more
expensive because they have a focus on customer support and a good
reliable service that is often lacking in smaller/cheaper services.
(After all, ISP stands for Information SERVICE Provider!, and I regard
service as including support for the product you have paid for)  And
perhaps Ari, whilst I am not familiar with Bizzpro's rates, is it a case
of a cheap rate so you got what you paid for?

BillK