[plug] 2.4.0 wont boot on a toshiba laptop

Garry bigbadbill at dingoblue.net.au
Mon Jan 29 23:05:06 WST 2001

Hopefully, when you boot, you can get to the old kernel.

If using LILO, press TAB to see options, when it gets to the LILO: prompt.

If the old one is available, just type the LILO kernel descriptor, usually
the default is Linux, but it might be Linux_old,_maybe_. If you are too slow,
the default kernel will boot, again a reboot will give you another shot.

If you can boot the old kernel, your machine will be operational again, and
you can go back in and check the kernel options you compiled 2.4.0 with. You
did save the configuration, didn't you?  :^)=

Garry.