[plug] inittab respawn

Robert Andrews squirrel at emerge.net.au
Tue Jan 30 00:00:56 WST 2001

I run a tail on my /var/log/messages constantly when I am trying to find a
fault.
However The errors returned from init are not loged to the /var/log/messages
As I said before I understand that it is not possable to see boot up
messages on a terminal that does not exits
one would would have to be really dumb to think that this could be done
The error messages that I seen on the terminal was after the boot up was
complete and enters run level 3
Also issueing init q on my terminal does not display the errors messages
that are displayed on the "actual linux terminal'
I have also checked dmesg the errors are not displayed there iether
So my question still is "is it possable to display these errors on a
terminal"
"Not the actual boot messages"
I have just put my monitor back on my Linux box and issued init q from a
remote terminal all the errors are displayed on the linux terminal but not
the remote and I have checked all the logs that I know of and cannot find
the errors issued by init q