[plug] C or Shell Scripts

The Thought Assassin assassin at live.wasp.net.au
Tue Jan 30 03:19:00 WST 2001

On Mon, 29 Jan 2001, Phillip Steege wrote:
> I want to learn shell scripting, but should I learn C programming first?
If you want to program properly in the future, you will do well not to
learn shell scripting first. If all you want to learn is shell scripting,
then dive straight in with bash.

Even if you want to learn programming, C might not be the best option. On
the other hand, it is perhaps the most accessible option (apart from maybe
Java) for someone who is teaching themselves to program.

It really depends on what you want to get out of it in the end.

-Greg Mildenhall