[plug] modem selection

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Tue Jan 30 17:14:10 WST 2001

On Tue, 9 Jan 2001, Paul Day wrote:

> . If you want to save money, buy one of the Directcomm/Disocvery
> (rebadged under a whole heap of names) external modems for $90-$110. Very
> decent for $100 and performs better than your average modem. Both will

Paul,
due to a stray lightning bolt this morning, I've taken a sudden interest
in this thread.  A quick look at local websites shows Acer, Mitsubishi,
and Netcom (mega-i) full-featured modems around the $100 mark.
  Any of those rebadged Directcomm/Disocvery? Or recommended?

--
Mike Holland  <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>
                          --==--