[plug] Spam Attack

Travis Read travisr at rave.iinet.net.au
Mon Jul 2 19:33:32 WST 2001

Help!

I've got a linux box that's running as a DNS/POP3 and SMTP server for a
specific domain. Some tool has gone and launched a spam attack against a
large number of domains and has specified jdl02765 at mydomain.com.au as the
>From address. As a result, the mail server is getting mail bombed with
bounce messges. Now, the server in question is on a volume charged ADSL
account. Thus, I've killed sendmail on the primary MX. The idea, was
to let the backup MX accept all the mail and then get the backup MX to
filter the e-mail. In this case the backup MX is on a non volume charged
account. How can I get sendmail to scan through the mail spool and delete
any e-mail sent to the address jdl02765 at mydomain.com.au?

--
Kind regards,

Travis Read