My Matrox bitch.. was [plug] Unsubscirbe

Brad Campbell brad at seme.com.au
Wed Jul 4 14:39:55 WST 2001

Simon Scott wrote:

>         Re G450 tv out - spewing.... perhaps write them a well-worded email?
> It cant be that hard for them......

There are a lot of unhappy people with Matrox at the moment, regarding thier driver
support. Not only does the TVout not work on the G450, but the whole G4Xx series
it up the creek with the PAL DVDMax option not working properly..
They have "been working on it" since Feb.. I'm not really impressed with them at all.
In fact, given they advertise the product as Supporting Linux, with DVD acceleration
and High resolution TVOut..
They support the basic display functions under linux.. there is no DVD acceleration in
the product and thier TVOut does not work at all under linux, and only works under
windows if you are displaying slow moving or static images.. Not only that, but thier
bundled DVD player crashes on startup and the best they can do is recomend purchasing the
upgraded player from Ravisent..
Me Bitter ... ?

>         What do you mean by 'matrox driver driver source substituted'? Is
> there a source patch for Xfree86?
>
>         Isnt that the point of X's new module system?

Er.. maybe.. I just did a
mv matrox matrox.old
cp /home/brad/matrox . -r

from the driver module dir..

There were a couple of things to edit in the config file from memory..
I picked it up from the Matrox tech support forums.. They actually have
a Linux forum, for what it's worth..

>         How do you differentiate between booting X into 3d or xinerama
> modes? I know youd have to have seperate xconfig4 files (or whatever theyre
> called :) but do you have to use startx? I like my little login screen :)

Umm yeah.. I forget how to do it, coz I don't play games.. but it's an option
you give to the xserver (I'd do it with startx.. like startx -- -option) to change
screen layouts..

--
Brad....
                   /"\