[plug] upgrading to Duron

Nathan Alberti nathan.alberti at broadlogic.com
Mon Jul 9 17:18:29 WST 2001

The MSI K7T Pro2 seems to be ok...even Tom's hardware is using one in their
killer systems. But the MSI K7T Turbo seems to have a few issues that have
not been sorted out in the latest Bios updates. Anyway...my board is dead
now so best forgotten...mabe it was a one off. I also have friends using the
MSI K7T Pro2 with no probles as yet, so i am not completley down on
MSI....just this board. I think there are better buy's out there.

The last price I paid (Last week) was $95 for 256Mb Infineon 1st party.
Swapped out the Kingston memory I had and got an approved powersupply, My PC
is now much happier...

Regards,

Nathan

> Nathan Alberti wrote:
> >
> > Simon is on the right track...I have a Duron 750, Athlon 1.0Ghz and
1.2Ghz
> > on a ABIT KT7A-RAID, MSI K7T Turbo and just got an EPOX 8KTA3.
> >
> > The MSI is a piece of crap....stay well away.....got weird kernel errors
> > when running due to power management hardware issues.
>
> Why is it crap?? I bought a MSI K7T Pro2 a while ago, and it's the most
> impressive board I've bought (although the Abit BP6 has its coolness too).
I've