[plug] Samba 2.2.0a PDC troubles

Phillip Steege psteege at tpg.com.au
Mon Jul 9 20:58:10 WST 2001

I am using Win2k with my RedHat 7.1 network.
I just used the default smb.conf.  I made sure I created the same user name
in Win2k as I had in my Linux system.
Make sure you enable password encryption (its all in the samba documents),
and 8 character passwords, in your smb.conf file.
I still have one disk, on Win2k formatted as a FAT partition, so that is the
one I mount from my Linux box using "mount -t smbfs " command.

On the Win2k box I share out the desired directories with full permissions,
but I have also successfully assigned the user name method also.

So far no problems.

Good luck
Phil