[plug] Re: Redhat 7.1 Wine

Phillip Steege psteege at tpg.com.au
Mon Jul 16 21:32:35 WST 2001

Wine has been in each distribution of RH I have used.
I went to www.winehq.org and downloaded the latest "stable" version this
time, but it has not helped with Caesar 3.
I used to run it on my RH 6.0 system all the time.  It was great fun and ran
with no problems under Linux.
If you go here  (http://www.linuxgames.com/wine/)
you will find many games which work under linux and wine, including Caesar.
It's a great website.
There was a good article at Gamespy concerning porting games versus using
wine.  It's a good read also.
I purchased Railroad Tycoon, Quake, and Myth from www.everythinglinux.com.au
also.  They have some good prices on their games because they don't sell very
fast.
At lokigames.com, they just dropped the prices on many games to $9.99 USD.

Good luck

Phil