[plug] redhat7.1 help

Adam Ashley adam_ashley at softhome.net
Wed Jul 18 18:41:34 WST 2001

Well you can safely ignore that msg, its just a warning. Install lilo as
normal. but remember to make a bookdisk. if when you boot of the hard drive
you get

LI

as apposed to

LILO:

boot off the floppy disk, login as root and edit your /etc/lilo.conf
remove any references to linear. and place lba32 on the first line of the
file
run /sbin/lilo should give no error messages. vola, you can boot from beyond
the 1024 cylinder.

and just fyi, lilo that comes with redhat has been able to do this since
rh6.1 (well thats when i first used it, earlier ones may be able to).

Adam Ashley