[plug] OT: Perth SPAM

Andrew Francis locust at iinet.net.au
Wed Jul 18 19:19:04 WST 2001

> Forward the email, with the full headers, to abuse at iinet.net.au (they are
> already aware - I have done this, requesting action by iinet), and, forward the
> header (and, just the full header, with your complaint - yahoo bounces full spam
> complaints), to abuse at yahoo.com.au.

Headers indicate that the email came from a uuNet (which pretty much means
ozemail, over here) dialup. I've forwarded to abuse at yahoo.com.au and
abuse at ozemail.com.au

I really wish there were anti-spam laws here, but the government seems to
be leaning in the opposite direction :/ In any event, I'm ringing them up
and giving them a piece of my mind. I'm also going to investigate all of
the new-fangled privacy legislation - I wonder if I could legally REQUIRE
them to reveal where exactly they got my email address from?

--
Andrew Francis
locust at iinet.net.au