[plug] OT: Perth SPAM

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Fri Jul 20 13:58:48 WST 2001

On Fri, 20 Jul 2001, Bret Busby wrote:

> Any people on this list who object to spam, and, who have a fax modem,
> and, who can send a fax, without the originating number being
> displayed, only need to do the following.

Brett,
I've done a similar thing before, but faxing pages of collected e-mail
spams, complete with plenty of "this is not spam" and "reply to remove"
comments - in order to give the spammers a taste. To make a point.
  But "Maverick" are motivational speakers - people who make a living out
of fleecing the gullible and insecure. They dont care how annoying spam
is, and would just put up with the odd fax protest. They give a PO box as
an address.
  However, disprupting their fleec^Wmeeting might have some impact.

And why is Alex so keen to defend these parasites?

> Create a document. In rather large type, so that the words go all the way
> across the page, one word to a line, have
>
> SPAM
> SPAM

Or see banner(1).

--