[plug] OT: Perth SPAM

Bret Busby bret at clearsol.iinet.net.au
Fri Jul 20 14:03:56 WST 2001

On Fri, 20 Jul 2001, Mike Holland wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Jul 2001, Bret Busby wrote:
>
> > Any people on this list who object to spam, and, who have a fax modem,
> > and, who can send a fax, without the originating number being
> > displayed, only need to do the following.
>
> Brett,
> I've done a similar thing before, but faxing pages of collected e-mail
> spams, complete with plenty of "this is not spam" and "reply to remove"
> comments - in order to give the spammers a taste. To make a point.
>   But "Maverick" are motivational speakers - people who make a living out
> of fleecing the gullible and insecure. They dont care how annoying spam
> is, and would just put up with the odd fax protest. They give a PO box as
> an address.
>   However, disprupting their fleec^Wmeeting might have some impact.
>
> And why is Alex so keen to defend these parasites?
>
> > Create a document. In rather large type, so that the words go all the way
> > across the page, one word to a line, have
> >
> > SPAM
> > SPAM
>
> Or see banner(1).
>

> --
> Mike Holland  <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>

I wonder, given the previous emails, with the ASIC entry, and, the reference to
the jurisdiction of the Perth MFT, whether anyone has forwarded a copy of the
particular spam message (without the parts of the header that identify the
recipient), and, the ASIC entry, to the Perth office of the MFT, as a
complaint? They could investigate it, and, perhaps, seize any cheques to the
enterprise, to stop the scam.

Maybe that would be useful, in this particular case.

Perhaps Alex has an interest in the enterprise?

 --

Bret Busby

"So once you do know what the question actually is, you'll know what the answer means."
 - Deep Thought, Chapter 28 of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
 - Douglas Adams, 1988