[plug] Losing Mouse control in X

Arkem (Paul) arkem at mornmist.2y.net
Fri Jul 20 17:37:22 WST 2001

Ok, I've decided that to help the cause of the plug ML I'll post something
other than a follow-up to the spam topics.

I'm having problems keeping control over my mouse in X, I have read the
archives and did learn quite a bit from the previous thread on this topic but
none of the solutions helped me any. I occasionly lose control of my mouse and
it will go randomly (though often to the top right corner) and it will start
clicking and windows start minimising its a quite annoying habit making X
nearly ununsable to me.

I have gpm running with the command line of:
gpm -R -m /dev/psaux -t imps2

I also have the following options set in /etc/X11/XF86Config under pointer
Protocol "IMPS/2"
Device "/dev/gpmdata"
Buttons 3
ZAxisMapping 4 5
BaudRate 1200

Anyone have any ideas

-Paul

P.S Using a Debian varient with 2.2.16 kernel, XFree86 3.3.6 (xsvga server),
gpm 1.17.8 and using a Matrox Millenium G400 (32mb)