[plug] Konqueror problems with a bank

Colin Muller colin at twobluedots.com.au
Wed Jul 25 08:59:58 WST 2001

On Wed, Jul 25, 2001 at 01:13:45AM +0200, Tony Clark wrote:
> I carried out the following tests to see if Konqueror could use the following
> online banking service www.anz.com.
[snip]
> about 5 minutes of no activity.  I don't think it is a QT problem as Opera is
> the  dynamically linked version so should be using the same QT library.  The
> logon page is SSL but again judging by the performace of Mozilla 0.92, this
> doesn't on the surface appear to be the issue.

This may or may not be the problem which is affecting you, but ANZ
uses all sort of not-very-cross-browser-compatible JavaScript in an
attempt to achieve their vision (and I use the word loosely) of
user-friendliness. I've had contact with them about it, making
constructive suggestions about simple changes they could make which
would improve usability. Their reaction was, predictably enough, to go
into denial.

Colin