[plug] Konqueror problems with a bank

Tony Clark tclark at telia.com
Wed Jul 25 07:13:45 WST 2001

I carried out the following tests to see if Konqueror could use the following
online banking service www.anz.com.

Browser	Version	L/T 1	L/T 2	L/T 3	Ave	Works
Konq	CVS	42	51	44	45.7	No
Mozilla	0.91	10	26	19	18.3	No
Mozilla	0.92	9	4	4	5.7	No
NS	4.77	12	3	3	6.0	Yes
Opera	5.0	13	3	3	6.3	Yes

The above times are measured from clicking the login icon until the login
screen is fully displayed.  To make sure it was not net lag,  I also opened
the all browsers and as quickly as possible hit the login icon.  The results
where consistant with the above data.  Whether it works or not I determined
by the time it took to load actual account details.  The site times out after
about 5 minutes of no activity.  I don't think it is a QT problem as Opera is
the  dynamically linked version so should be using the same QT library.  The
logon page is SSL but again judging by the performace of Mozilla 0.92, this
doesn't on the surface appear to be the issue.

I'll do the same tests of a couple of other Australian banks to see what
happens, but not tonight...it's 1am already :-)  I can't do any Swedish banks
as the only one I have access to is a windoze only site.  www.handelsbanken.se

Regards

tony