[plug] ProcMail help needed

Chris Griffin chrisg at doladns.dola.wa.gov.au
Sun Jul 29 21:07:53 WST 2001

I shall give some of this a go and see how I go. No, I know virtually
nothing about perl too.
While I am on the toping of email, I also seem to have problems with
sending, in so far as...
My present systems:
RedHat 6.2 with patches is my email gateway and DNS.
A number of Sun unix systems relay through this system as well as
A couple of Windows system (Eudora) use accounts on this system to send and
receive.

New system RedHat 7.1 It receives email from the outside ok, and the
Windows/Eudora systems can pick it up, but no-one can send email, from
either the Sun or Windows systems. I can send out on the server itself.
I have duplicated all of the sendmail config from the 6.2 system (spam
stuff etc) to this 7.1 system.

Eudora says: "Connection refused", but I find nothing in the logs on RedHat
7.1 to verify this or to give me any clues.
Other than a message that says "pam_ldap:  ldap_simple_bind Can't contact
LDAP server"
I installed openldap but have not configured anything yet (do not know
how). Future learning project. Could this be causing the problem?
Any ideas?

Regards,
Chris