OT [plug] WASP new dialup phone number problem

Matt Kemner zombie at wasp.net.au
Tue Jul 31 11:08:00 WST 2001

Hi Bret

> After WASP ignoring messages to support at wasp.net.au (neither acknowledgement
> nor response, after 2 days, from an address that is supposed to be monitored 24
> hours a day),

I sincerely apologise for this, it is my fault.
When your message arrived in the support mailbox, I was asked about it and
I said I would reply to it myself, however I was called away urgently
before I was able to complete my reply.

Please also be aware that WASP is currently in a transitional period, as
we are moving our infrastructure to Perth, and our physical presense to
Fremantle, so longer than usual delays wrt email can occur.

> WASP has this thing against Linux. The WASP website had stated that only
> Windows and Mac's are supported by WASP.

WASP doesn't have a thing against Linux.  In fact, if it wasn't for Linux
WASP would not be here Today.  Unfortunately (as with all ISPs) not all
our helpdesk staff are competent with Linux, but rather than tell the
customer to go away, they are told to either put them through to myself
(if I'm available) or refer them to Linux Services WA - who will help WASP
customers free of charge. I will find out which staff member was
responsible for turning customers away, and ensure they know better in
future.

I'm sorry this had to get dragged into a public forum like this, and
apologise to the group for the offtopic nature of this post.

 - Matt