[plug] Firewall

Jason Nicholls jason at mindsocket.com.au
Tue Jul 31 11:31:40 WST 2001

Hello Pluggers

On Tue, Jul 31, 2001 at 10:35:51AM +0800, Kim Covil wrote:
> As far as I remember the way virtual hosts work with the same IP
> address is that an extra HTTP header is included with HTTP v1.1 that
> gives the host name of the machine trying to be accessed...

I'm going to be a little bit pedantic here but ;) Apache supports Virtual
Hosts, ie: with one server you can support multiple sites on *different* IP
addresses. *Named* Virtual Hosts is required to do multiple sites on the same
IP address. One apache server can be configured to do both though. The
difference in the config file is a simple line which tells Apache which IP
address(es) are Named Virtual Hosts.

[this doesn't really have anything to do with the thread]

Later,

Jason Nicholls