[plug] Weird keyboard, laptop, Mandake 8.0

Alan Graham alan.graham at infonetsystems.com.au
Fri Jun 1 07:04:35 WST 2001

I chose US (international) first.  When I initially built it, I had the
problem both in KDE and Gnome.  I changed the setting to US in
harddrake, which fixed it in KDE, but in gnome, the problem's still
there.  I've flicked between US and international a few times while in
gnome, to no affect.  I think I'm going to have to log in to KDE as me,
rename the .gnome directories, and then log into gnome again.  I'm
hoping that this will build me new gnome settings, with the 'correct'
keyboard mappings.  Then I'll just have to play around with my settings
to get things back to the way I like them.

Apologies if there are any words missing 'r's, I'm putting them in with
the middle button.  It's a real pain when I forget, and want to copy
something else!  :-)

Alan