List autoquoting? Re: [plug] Apache

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Fri Jun 1 11:15:38 WST 2001

On Fri, 1 Jun 2001, Christian wrote:

> > >From what I read it was through a trojaned ssh client which logged
> > passwords.  Thus firewalls would be next to useless.
>
> Why does the list automatically add a quote character to the first line
> of replies?

"mbox format". Is the list doing it? Or your mail-delivery-agent?

The mbox format used in Unix uses /^From / to mark start-of-record.
So if it occurs within a message, it must be changed.

BUT why on earth is the '>' character used??  This has got to be the most
idiotic design decision in the entire Unix world. Why not a simple space
character? (Assuming its too late to change the silly mbox format.)

--
Mike Holland  <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>
                          --==--