[plug] Bigpong ADSL (problem & solution)

Simon Scott simon.scott at flexiplan.com
Fri Jun 1 13:22:17 WST 2001

	Interesting. Im with bigpuddle and Ive never touch chap secrets.

	Another problem Ive been having is that pppoe refuses to connect
99/100. If I flood the link with connection requests, sooner or later it
will connect.

	My brother (who is in the know) reckons that they constantly have
problems and have to reset the 'tunnel' when this happens, altho with
windows clients they never connect because they cant start enough pppoe
instances to flood the link. Unfortunately, since Im on Linux, Telstra
refuse to escalate the problem even though I am telling them exactly what
the problem is (to a greater degree than a windows user could).

	I asked the guy when Linux would be supported, and basically was
told 'never'.