[plug] ADSL and modem / fax

Paul Dean paul at canningcollege.wa.edu.au
Fri Jun 1 17:02:54 WST 2001

At 04:34 PM 1/06/2001 +0800, you wrote:

>Hi guys,
>
>My understanding is that ADSL somehow piggy backs on a existing line. Is it
>still possible to use a modem on this line? Or even send / recieve fax's?

ADSL, splits the existing copper cable into two frequency sets 4Hz-22Hz for
normal telephones via a filter in between the phone and the wall socket,
and 22Hz-> for ADSL connections.
If you where to put your fax on the line with a filter yes it would work.
Telstra will supply 3 filters included in the price of socket fitting, and
upgrade each existing socket in the house.

>mn
>

>Mark Nold
>markn at enspace.com
>Senior Consultant
>
>Change is inevitable, except from vending machines.

/***** Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognize a
mistake when you make it again.
Franklin P. Jones *****/