[plug] Time Problem on Mandrake 8.0

Simon Collins src at iinet.net.au
Sun Jun 3 15:48:50 WST 2001

Bernard

I tried using 'find' to locate these configuration files that you listed
below but I couldn't.  I was surprised that nothing came up.

I finally worked out what the problem was.  I have two control centres:  one
is the KDE control centre and the other is DrakConf which is the Mandrake
control centre.  I had adjusted the KDE control centre time zone to Perth
(with the hardware clock set to local time) but the Mandrake control centre
had never been adjusted and was set to African time (with the hardware clock
set to GMT).

When I went into DrakConf I changed the time zone to Perth.  It then asked me
if my hardware clock was set to GMT or not.  I clicked "No" and that was it;
everything is working fine again.

Thanks

Simon