[plug] video card for linux wanted

Bill Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Tue Jun 5 14:37:57 WST 2001

Hi,
    does anyone have an accelerated pci video card available cheap that
    performs well under Linux?  By accelerated I mean something like a
    millenium or voodoo etc.  My problem is that the built-in SIS agp
    setup has only basic linux drivers (no dri etc) and so gets a woeful
    framerate - gears gets 30-35 fps on startup and 5-6 fps at full
    screen 1024x768.  I am trying do some video editing and have to work
    in postage stamp sized screens to get smooth animation!

    I am after pci as even though the MB has a built in agp, there is no
    external agp socket!
BillK