[plug] honeymoon is over - Telstra introduces traffic cap on freedom ADSL

Leon Blackwell leon at lostrealm.com
Wed Jun 6 17:21:11 WST 2001

Ummm...

Now I'm no fan of Telstra -- in fact, I don't like their no-server,
no-network policies for flat-rate plans at all -- but I honestly
can't see why people would be upset here.

Telstra have simply put "reasonable use" into more quantitative
terms.  And I'm thinking that 3GB is pretty reasonable for that
sort of price.  (I assume they meant byte (B)... not bit (b)?)

Do the math -- if you take 3GB of traffic at whatever the going
rate is this week, it's going to cost you a lot more than what
you're paying.  Telstra are still giving you pretty good value for
money there.  All they've done is remove some fluffy wording from
their contract and replace it with something much more concrete
and enforcable.

Feel free to flam^H^H^H^Hcorrect me if you want to, but I really
can't understand why people get upset when they're limited to
*only* 3GB.