[plug] honeymoon is over - Telstra introduces traffic cap on freedom ADSL

Paul Day bonfire at bur.st
Wed Jun 6 17:28:57 WST 2001

On Wed, 6 Jun 2001, Leon Blackwell wrote:
> Telstra have simply put "reasonable use" into more quantitative
> terms.  And I'm thinking that 3GB is pretty reasonable for that
> sort of price.  (I assume they meant byte (B)... not bit (b)?)

Correct - 3 gigabytes, not gigabits.

And the other assumption to make is that Telstra have defined a gigabyte
(incorrectly) as 1,000,000 bytes, as it seems that's what all the
bandwidth providers do.

> Feel free to flam^H^H^H^Hcorrect me if you want to, but I really
> can't understand why people get upset when they're limited to
> *only* 3GB.

Ditto. Too many w4r3z/pr0n/mp3z kiddies don't seem to comprehend that
traffic isn't _quite_ free and think it's perfectly reasonable to download
10GB/month on their $30/month dial-up plant (yes, this does happen). ;)

PD

--
Paul Day         Email: bonfire at bur.st         Web: www.bur.st/~bonfire