[plug] honeymoon is over - Telstra introduces traffic cap on freedom ADSL

Evan Lau evanlau at tartarus.uwa.edu.au
Wed Jun 6 17:32:46 WST 2001

I agree....and working in an ISP I do know the figures about what
percentage of the top users download what percentage of the total
downloads of the entire ISP. This ISP moved from an unlimited service
*years* ago and lost many customers as a result. However, it has since
gained as many if not more customers back with good old fashion service.

The point is this....most of those who will be complaining are amongst the
top percentile of users....and to put it frankly, most (if not all) ISPs
can live without your money :)

Perhaps you guys can find a Tier 1 or 2 carrier to provide you with an
unlimited pipe to the Internet, then you can start reselling that to your
potential customers.

Cheers