[plug] Sendmail mail to MS Exchange

Christian christian at amnet.net.au
Fri Jun 8 16:40:53 WST 2001

On Tue, Jun 12, 2001 at 08:25:28AM +0800, Mark Nold wrote:

> Can't connect via telnet to port 25 either. I actually thought that Exchange
> clients used something other than SMTP for sending (which is all i care
> about).

They possibly do but it isn't IMAP.  They probably use some proprietary
protocol which likely isn't supported by anything other than Microsoft.

> Any more ideas?

It looks like your Exchange server isn't working "properly" in that it
can't receive proper Internet email.  I'm pretty sure that Exchange can
do this (could easily be wrong though!) so I suspect that if you
re-configure the Exchange server to receive email then port 25 will open
up and it should work straight away.

--
DSA 0x0EC1D28C: BBCB 0D79 4EBB 078A A066  7267 8BED E9D6 0EC1 D28C